Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Topic # 8

I chose my specific job because the company was recommended to me by someone who works in their accounting department. The position is an accounting intern and hopefully will lead to a direct job with the company. At the very least, the summer internship will be nice to have on a resume for future job applications. I found the position on the company website. I would advise job seekers to look on the individual company websites. These jobs are often not featured on websites like Monster or Careerbuilder. If you limit your search to websites like those, you are missing a huge hidden job market. The obstacles I faced when applying were mainly lack of experience and lack of upper division accounting courses. A high GPA and professional resume will hopefully help to overcome these obstacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment