Monday, November 29, 2010

Issue #10 - Elizabeth Mears

I think McDonald’s is taking an extremely well thought out step by changing the image of their company. Personally, when the topic of McDonald’s comes up, I think cheap food, lots of plastic, and average service. This revamp will allow them to appeal to a broader audience by making it more sophisticated. If they had approached me to ask my advice on their change, I would have told them the sooner the better.

I understand that this will not change people’s perception on their food, but the food is only half of the dining experience. The other half is environment. If they want more customers, they have to appeal to a wider audience. This change is definitely the way to go. However, there are some issues that need to be addressed first. I understand the concern of the franchise owners having to fund their own remodeling. With all the changes, there will barely be a profit for them. If a better solution is created for everyone to have equal funding and opportunity for change, the franchises are more likely to have a positive response.

No comments:

Post a Comment