Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Issue 10

I think McDonald's is going over the top with their changes. Spending 5 million dollars on upgrades to the decor seems a little crazy to me. I applaud their efforts to revamp their menu items and make them healthier, but putting so much time and effort into redoing the inside of the restaurant is unnecessary. On average, people are likely going to be spending 15-20 minutes inside the restaurant, and most people are going to be worried about eating their food rather than staring at a fireplace. Now, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to eat at a McDonald's that is filthy, or has outdated furniture, but I feel like they're going a little over the top. I realize that this renovation is an effort to draw a new crowd to the chain, but I feel like they're attracting the wrong people. In my eyes, McDonald's is always going to be seen as a fast food restaurant that you can easily take your kids to, not a coffee shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment