Sunday, November 14, 2010

Issue #8

The reason I had chosen the position as an: Analyst, ProParts Acct Mgmt Associate; is because after graduate I really am still looking for my niche. I like contracts, management of those contracts, and marketing. However, I really do not want to create them or have to negotiate the terms of the agreement. This position allowed for adhering to a set contract from a second party, management, and compliance of that same contract from third party.
I found this position from an internal company posting. Searching for a job is a full-time job. You really need the help of family and friends. You need to ask them to for leads and if your still in school use university resources. However, when you are looking for positions do not just take just any position. Watch out for pyramid schemes and do your research on the company before you accept.
Problems I have faced when looking for a position have been that I have a degree but I do not have enough experience. So it is important to get those internships, do well on those practical assignments from professors, know how to market those on your resume, and during interviews. Speaking of interview skills, sometimes you can win over an employer by displaying your communication skills and able to handle the pressure.
Wichita is going thru a lot of change. Graduates need to be aware that the competition is going to be twice as hard. Sometimes, you need to accept an entry level job and take it as an experience to grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment