Saturday, November 20, 2010

Issue #8

I have been searching for a part-time job for over a year. With advice from family and friends, I decided to search for a job with either a bank or credit union. By searching the Fidelity Bank website, I discovered my specific job opening of a part-time teller position at the North Rock Walmart branch. I have not decided where I would like to work after graduation. Banking is an option I am considering. For someone starting out, I would recommend looking at the classifieds/want ads in the newspaper, searching company websites or using the hire-a-shocker program on the WSU website.

A major obstacle I faced was not having enough or specific experience. However, if you are never given a chance, how are you supposed to ever gain that much-needed experience? It is a vicious cycle. I can overcome this obstacle by persevering in my job search and trying to find specific jobs within the customer service realm. I have 9 months of previous customer service that would be an asset in the job application process.

No comments:

Post a Comment