Monday, November 22, 2010

Issue #8

I chose to pursue a degree in Accounting because it provides the greatest versatility when it comes to applying the skill in the workplace. When complemented with other specializations it makes for a great opportunity to diversify applications and develop confidence in the person behind the resume. Given the current job market its scary to think about job security. I found accounting to be one of those professions that is extremely vital to any organization regardless of th economic conditions they may be facing. If a company is doing well, they need an accountant. If a company is not doing well, they still need an accountant. Another deciding factor for me was that Accounting is the language of business. There are very few jobs in business where you aren't analyzing financial information for decision making. After graduation I want to work for a firm and grow my knowledge of financial accounting. Then I want to transfer into managerial accounting & analysis. Then I want to go into operations management and strategic development. Eventually maybe even possibly pursuing venture capitalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment