Monday, November 29, 2010

Issue 11 Jon Parker

My opinion on this is not quite for or against the article. I believe that equality needs to be seen in our culture but forcing it will not help. If our kids are educated and brought up with the idea of equality than they will take it into corporate atmospheres. However parents today still treat boys and girls so differently. From the color schemes in their rooms, to the clothes they wear, to what toys they play with and how they treat everyday situations. If we really want true equality than we need to quit segregating these things into boy/girl categories at such a young age and let kids define their colors/toys/situations for themselves. Will this ever happen? Probably not but its the only way I can see it happening. Forcing equality on creates resentment, if you dont believe me go look at US history and tell me the wasnt resenment after the emancipation proclimation.

No comments:

Post a Comment