Thursday, November 18, 2010

Issue #8

I chose the job I did because I am an accounting major, and figured that an accounting internship would be a good place to start job wise. This type of job is not exactly the type of job I am looking for, but i realize that to get anywhere in life, you have to start somewhere. As long as I get my foot in the door, it is a plus, and its going to lead me to my future goals of finding a good job in the accounting field. I found this job listing in the Wichita Eagle. It was actually a accounting assistant at Newman University, but it was posted in the Eagle with directions on how to apply. Some advice that I would give out, when looking for a job, is never be satisfied. If there is a particular job that you want, keep going at it, while applying at other places, but never stay complacent. Some obstacles that i found when applying, was my lack of job expertise in the accounting field. I can overcome these steps, by finishing my college career and continuing to stay motivated and find a good internship.

No comments:

Post a Comment