Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Issue #8

I am currently a middle school basketball coach in Haysville. I want to further my coaching career and move to the high school or collegiate level. Thus, I choose a High School coaching position in another state and town. This will give me the opportunity to widen my scope on coaching. I went to an out of state school district and looked at their employee openings. This was easy to do because every district posts their opportunities directly on their website. I feel as though my lack of experience will keep me from getting this job. I have only coached for two years and it has been at the middle school level. Therefore they will see this as a weakness. I can get more years of experience and then reapply somewhere else if this keeps me from reaching my ultimate goal. I do not want to coach forever, but it is a strong passion of mine currently.

I encourage those who are looking for jobs to search online first. This will give you a broad range of openings in your area. With the new advancements in the technology world, most businesses are moving to online advertising. It is important to check openings daily and have your resume and cover letter already prepared electronically.

No comments:

Post a Comment