Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Topic #8

I chose the job I did for my resume and cover letter, because its a job that works for me now. It had flexible hours and was part-time. Another benefit is the pay also wasn't bad and had room for growth in the company. However, I don't think I'd keep the job after graduation. I'd definitely want full time and more pay. Also, we plan on moving back to Texas by the time I graduate. How did I find the job? I just did an internet search for part-time accounting jobs in Wichita, Kansas. The advice I offer to other job seekers. Even if you don't fit all of the qualifications, apply for the position anyway. I found that employers usually list the optimal qualifications, where it says minimum qualifications. I was writing a job ad for a former employer (to replace an old employee), when that concept was explained to me by my boss. I have always gotten every job I applied for, so go for it. What have you got to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment