Sunday, November 21, 2010

Issue #8

For my cover letter/resume assignment I chose to apply for a financial advisor position. I chose this position because I am very interested in finance, especially financial advising. After working at a bank for more than 4 years I see how people budget their money, and I see how people do not budget their money. It has made me realize that I want to teach people how to manage their money and help them make the right decisions.

This is a position that I would like to have after graduation. I found it on careerbuilder.com. Personally, I have not done a lot of job hunting in the past; I started at my current job during high school. It seems, from others’ experiences, that networking is very beneficial. Knowing people is extremely important when job hunting. Since I have only worked as a teller at the bank, I do not have a lot of experience in other areas of business. Due to this obstacle, on my resume I include business classes that I have completed that enhance my business knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment