Monday, September 6, 2010

Issue #2

I can understand how an email can be easily misunderstood. Being a sarcastic person, I have had to explain myself a couple times when something I emailed to a friend came off as rude or inconsiderate. I agree that readers have a certain voice in their head that they imagine the email is supposed to sound like. Because of this, emails seem to be not the best form of communication. A person must make sure to explain his or her self with any remark that might be misunderstood rather than assuming the reader will understand a brief statement of the point the sender is trying to make. Emailing is much quicker than calling someone or meeting them in person, but when communicating in person, it is easily determined if both parties are on the same page.

No comments:

Post a Comment