Monday, September 13, 2010

Power Point

After reading the article, my opinion on PowerPoint has been changed a bit. It gave me a new perspective on the disadvantages of PowerPoint. I can completely see how the military thinks that PowerPoint is not personable, time consuming, and confusing. I think that PowerPoint is a good tool for simple presentations, but the military is way too complicated and deep of an organization to use such a program.
That being said, I have always had completely positive experiences with PowerPoint. Using it growing up throughout middle school all the way through public speaking, I think PowerPoint is fantastic for making small presentations and getting simple points across. As a lot of people are visual learners, they need programs such as PowerPoint in order to understand the subject better. I do agree with a previous poster in that sometimes the animation/slide setup takes much longer than it should, but it does pay off for the PowerPoint to look neat and organized in the end.
I think that PowerPoint presentations are presented best when the information is concise and clear. No long presentations are very efficient at keeping the audiences' attention, so people preparing the shows should always think about being audience-centered. Simple messages are often the best way to get a point across.

No comments:

Post a Comment