Monday, September 27, 2010

Issue #4

I feel that the way AT&T handled there regulatory duties of there company's page is very respectable. It shows that the company is open to constructive criticism and is truly ready to change. In comparison, I do not agree with BP's actions of deleting negative comments because it seems like if they delete the comment, they do not have to deal with it or not try to figure out the root of the problem. I do not think the tactics of interrupting their customers is preferable to companies who intervene, because at least companies like AT&T are trying to find the problems that the customers have and are trying to resolve them, as apposed to just deleting the comments. The benefits I see in the intervening process is actually answering the comments of the customers, whether they are wanting one or not. The disadvantages I see are that new customers or people who are thinking that they want to be part of this company can see the negative feedback. The advantages I see from interrupting the customers is that the negative feedback can not be seen and the company which does not make the company look bad. A disadvantage, as I stated earlier, is that the company is not trying to figure out why the customer said what they did, and just shrugs it off like nothing happened or was ever said.

No comments:

Post a Comment