Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Issue #3

I agree with Elisabeth Bumiller’s assertion. I didn’t realize that Power Point presentation has such disadvantage before I read this article. My opinion on Power Point has changed a little bit. I use Power Point for most of my college subject. Most of time, I just download it and use it in the lecture. I have never thought about how difficult for one to make it until I read this article.

Regarding the contents of the power point, it no more than bullets points, graphs or charts. The Power Point maker needs to figure out how to make it concise and easy to understand. But, it takes long time to summarize the information and design the graphs. Sometimes, not all of the audiences can fully understand the main points of the Power Point presentation. Because of it is too much personal understanding. For me, when I read my lecture slides, most of time, I couldn’t get the meaning of the bullet points. I have to find out the paragraph from my textbook. Sometimes, I just memorize the dryly bullets points for the test. I know, it doesn’t help me to learn stuff at all.

Based on this article, my experiences, and our in class discussions, in order to improve the efficiency of the presentation, it’s always good to apply audience-centered approach. It is better to find more support ideas and related examples to present, rather than spend such a long time to prepare for the Power Point.

No comments:

Post a Comment