Monday, September 13, 2010

Issue #3 - Power Points

I actually agree with Elizabeth Bumiller's stance on this issue. The point made in regards to the lawyers using power points instead of legal briefs really opened my eyes. I think it is very crucial in situations as important as wars, that the person trying to get their point across ensure that they are as detailed and clear as humanly possible. Based on my experience with power points, which have generally been in the classroom, power points can become extremely boring. One thing that power point presentations accomplish, as mentioned, is that it hypnotizes the audience and almost makes them not care as much. I think the only way to counter act the power point approach is to change things up as often as possible, to keep your audience guessing. The audience is what is important and if they lose interest then what is the point in giving the presentation in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment