Thursday, September 23, 2010

I like the idea AT&T had about intervening instead of interrupting the customer. However, this will not work with every company. For instance, when they stated that Disney and McDonald’s regulate what can be posted, I believe this is a correct move. All ages are actively involved with those companies. You do not want a child on that website who has access to such comments as “?#$% this company” and things of that nature.

AT&T is letting the customers vent their true feelings. In addition to letting customers vent, they are responding back to individuals quickly and professionally about how they can reconcile the matter. I believe this takes people by surprise: “I just told AT&T to go *&$% themselves, and they responded back to me about how they could make it better.”

It then went on to state that AT&T was responding back to customers till 4:00 a.m. This lets customers know that they are really eager to help address customer concerns. I believe they took the correct approach in intervening rather than interrupting. Plus, this creates more publicity for AT&T this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment