Monday, September 13, 2010

Issue #3

I have to disagree with this article by Bumiller, because PowerPoint is supposed to be used as a tool to have a positive effect on the presentation, not hinder it. It does not make sense to me how PowerPoint can be seen as a negative when it is supposed to be used as a positive tool for the presenter. With that being said, if the military is making poor and useless Powerpoints, the cause could be that the Powerpoints are not being made to the most effective way possible. Being a former serviceman, I believe I have sufficient knowledge to let you know that not all the Powerpoint presentations that were given to me and my other servicemen were not all negative, and in fact, some were very beneficial to the tasks that were handed down to us. A quote that I found very interesting was "that the slides impart less information than a five-page paper can hold." My personal opinion is that PowerPoint is used to NOT hold all of the information of a five page paper, but to hit on the most important points. It also helps people because they do not have to read the whole paper but can just skim through the PowerPoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment