Monday, September 6, 2010

email

I believe email can help or hinder communication depending on the situation and what information one is trying to convey. The way individuals would interpret different statements is going to be different just as the article said, whether it's because of our mood or what. When I send out an email I usually do hear what I'm typing in my head as it would come out of my mouth, but when the person reads the email I send, I do not know if the way I wanted it to sound was the way it came across to them, unless I get an email back.
The second article of the packet I received has a good point in it about getting your message decoded correctly. Proofread. Read your email aloud to make sure what you typed is exactly what you want to be sent. It says if you make any changes, that you should proofread aloud again to make sure what you changed makes sense as well. I think that not proofreading is the cause of many errors in any writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment