Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Blog #2

Stephen Leahy says that the recipients only have 50% chance to understand the right tone of any e-mail messages. I fully agree with this statement because when I go to write an email I hear it in my own voice, my tone is portrayed how I expect it to be. I have a hard time with emails because I never feel like I get an accurate point across. Which i feel like happens to a lot of people. Sometimes when I write an email, for instance our email projects, I read my email out-loud to my mother to see if the correct point came across. This is also helpful for my grammatical errors while writing my email. It is easy to put too much information in an email so another article in the packet discussed limiting your email to one topic and one topic only. You never want to overwhelm your audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment