Monday, October 11, 2010

Talking Shock: Issue #6 (Due 10/4)

First off, I think in general this world has become very negative. It was very refreshing to read Lynn’s posting on help customers think positively. Lynn’s specific examples were helpful in understanding what to do and say to create a positive tone. I personally feel I struggle using positive word usage in my everyday email I sent to employees. Lynn’s position on making your customers feel good about your message really encourages me to make every composition I write positive, upbeat, and sincere. Lynn has helped me understand turning a negative email around into a positive tone will help employee moral, self motivation, and the feeling of self worth. I am excited to use this tactic with future emails and see the results it brings.

In Lynn’s blog ,“Personalizing a Mass Mailing” I now understand why it is so important to address each customer as so, individually. I use mass mailings with my job at the bank and this gave me a very good perspective of how it makes the customer feel, valued and important to the company. After all, in the banking industry if it wasn’t for our customers I would not have a job. These easy to read examples will benefit not only myself as a writer, it will benefit my employees, and most importantly of all the customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment