Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Issue# 6. Being positive and personal.

I agree with this article, as I too have found my position on a product changed due to the positive and personal nature of the advertising. Recently I experienced hail damage to my roof (all the houses in my area did) and was flooded with fliers, pamphlets, and letters from professional (and sometimes semi-professional) contractors offering free inspections. Some were very impersonal, listing only a phone number and no address. The companies I eventually chose to consider all were forthcoming with information: company name, address, phone number, years in business. In addition to this, the best printed advertisements included handwritten names and phone numbers of specific company contacts and a statement regarding their willingness to help with my problem.

The fact that this note was written on probably every ad mailed made little difference to me, as it still instilled this company in my mind as one that is personal, local, and friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment