Monday, October 11, 2010

Personalized Emails #6

I enjoyed reading your blog entry entitled, “Personalizing a Mass Mailing- Yes You Can!” This was an interesting blog to me because it ties into a great deal of what we have been discussing in my English 210 class. Every mass email I receive, I know right off hand whether I am going to take the time to read it or not. Many I can tell by the subject heading alone, or the first few sentences. If a company wants my attention they need to use my name and customize an email specifically to the needs of “me,” not others as well.

I worked for a company a few years back that held events for many different groups at the same time. We had to send mass emails out to each group explaining details of the event and my boss demanded we send the same email to every group. He even required us to send the same thank you responses to each group. At the time I did not realize why I never received much feedback. Now understanding personalized emails and audience-centered approach I get why my emails were never appreciated. It is key to directly thank each person in a personalized way. Doing so, more of a respect will be gained and they will be more likely to work with you in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment