Monday, October 11, 2010

Issue #6

I agree that you should personalize a mass mailing. This makes customers feel more important and makes them more likely to react the way you anticipate. Yes, it takes added effort, but the customers realize this and appreciate the personalization. Occasionally, I have to send out letters to customers for my job. I write each customer individually because I know I will get more response then if I sent out a generic letter.

In class we have been discussing buffers for letters. The example in the blog was a great buffer. Had I received a letter beginning vague and unfriendly I would not have read it and assumed it was junk mail. The way that Mr. Said began his letter was a perfect buffer to get customers to continue reading. He started out by thanking them and creating a friendly tone before breaking the bad news to them. This is exactly what a good buffer is supposed to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment