Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Issue #6

To some extent, I do agree with Lynn on the aspect of customer's wanting to receive personalized messages from companies as opposed to the template letter that they send out to every "valued customer." However, in most scenarios, it is virtually impossible to personalize EVERY single message to an individual. Lynn stated that she puts the subscribers names on any message she sends out. Even when I get mail that does have my name on it, within the first few sentences I can tell whether or not it was really written just to me or not. Generally I would just toss it out after the first paragraph.

Lynn's web hosting site sent her the personalized message describing her situation and how they were changing her pricing and plan. This was an awesome example of personalized messaging, yet very unreasonable. I'm sure more people than just Lynn needed to change their plan, so it can be guaranteed the company did not write that letter specifically for her. It would be much more costly for a company to have to hire someone to write individual personalized messages to each customer. That is just simply unrealistic!

No comments:

Post a Comment