Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Issue#8

I would like to describe myself as a man who loves numbers. This does not mean that am some sort of a genius of mathematics and statistical values. I am just a regular average student with an average life, but a not so average will to find a solution to every numerical problem put forward in front of me. I love to do anything related to numbers, and that explains why I chose to pursue a bachelors degree in mathematics and accounting. I was not at all good in mathematics at a young age, but I developed in me some form of a stubbornness to tackle all the questions that my teacher asked me as a student in high school, since I was embarrassed before for not being able to do anything related to that subject. It made me feel dumb and useless, but now I feel more content with myself. I had picked an assistant accountant job designation for my cover letter and resume assignment. The profession used in this assignment is a part of what I want to do in the future, but it is not limited to it. I want to see myself in the future as a chief finance officer at a multinational organization. I personally hate the 8 to 5 job routines, and do not want to see myself making that my schedule for the rest of my life. Although after graduation I have to start small to make it big in my life, and so I will accept a position as an assistant accountant for sometime. The job market is full of opportunities for everyone. Therefore the only advise I would like to give to a potential job seeker is that he or she should try networking with each and everyone around him or her, as this creates awareness of what is and is not available outside the school campus, and will enable one to shape oneself accordingly. The only obstacle I faced while applying for the job that I applied for was that I lacked experience in that job. I have the required skills for it but just lack the know how of working in an accounting firm. This does not mean I have given up, it just gave me an urge to better myself in other aspects that I have been good at, like my academics. I am still trying hard in searching for a job that will give me experience that is relevant to my job description in the future. All in all, I would like to tell everyone to develop in themselves the urge to be stubborn, for this skill if used positively can make one succeed in anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment