Monday, December 6, 2010

Issue #12 (Busick)

Overall, I am impressed by both Busick's drive and ambition; each of these qualities requires a set of skills that the author does not fully elaborate on, such as a high degree of skill in mathematics. Many of the most successful entrepreneurs in the world have had high math aptitude. While I'm not certain that Busick's business necessarily requires anything complex, I would not be surprised if he expressed an affinity for mathematics, a skill that is vital in maintaining payrolls and keeping one's accounts in order. Busick would also have to have a high degree of interpersonal ability, as well as an ability to express himself well, in order to communicate his entrepreneurial vision to his employees.
In truth, I could not see myself doing what Busick did. Success in business not only requires interpersonal skill (which I do not possess in spades), but also keen leadership ability, which I do not have. My hat is off to Mr. Busick, but I have no intention of following in his footsteps.

No comments:

Post a Comment