Monday, August 30, 2010

On the Fence

I feel that blogging can be beneficial in multiple ways for a company and it's employees. For business purposes, I believe it is important for companies to hear feedback from their customers to know what to improve on and be more pleasing for the customer (being customers are the reason the company is in business.) Doing a blog is also beneficial in the sense that it is not just another boring questionnaire you must answer before entering a site, so the people commenting are doing so to improve the company and not just saying anything to get to what he or she is really wanting to do. For employees, I can see a blog as a way to relieve stress. This way, the employee can get whatever is stressing him or her off their chest without causing an uprising. But, I do agree that the employee must be aware to what he or she is saying. I can understand complaining about a job, but it is unnecessary to include the name of the employer and any information that non-employees are not allowed to know. With that, I also say that the employees should do their blogging while at home rather than at work. I understand free speech, but do it not on the employers time.

No comments:

Post a Comment